February 19, 2012

Week 5

Another week just rolled by. We only have one week left in the temp house, Valentine’s day hit the US, I have found that just because it’s an aquarium it doesn’t mean they can’t have tigers, I’m really starting to like cranberry/cheddar cheese on crackers and American Just isn’t the same as milk anywhere else. As long as It’s on my rolled oats in the morning, I’ll live, but never in my life I’m gonna drink it. Also the week where I purchased my first items, boots & running shoes and the week where I’ finally almost know when Linea is going to visit.

Well, Tuesday Valentine’s day. Wauw it’s so huge. I have always been against it. I think it’s crap that flowers, chocolate, and cards are getting doubled in prize it’s absolutely ridiculous. And the fact that people think it’s the only day you can go all in on the romance. I saw a car, by the local school, decorated with flowers, balloons and a note. It’s SO sweet, but so “normal” to do it on that day. People should say the three little words without getting ripped at the store. And also just be able to do it other times at the year. It’s really not that dangerous to tell that you care about them, not even if it’s February, May, July, September or December 14th seriously! Sweet thought but way to overwhelming.
I like the pre-school thing, Jade handed out valentines cards to all her friends at school, and they did the same. That’s so sweet, it’s children and it’s special. But come on grown-ups you ARE allowed to say it at other times.

We went down to Denver Saturday, to lock at some granit and Murphy beds – which is a concept I love, Denmark should literally do more in Murphy beds, it’s genius. When we were done, we went to go see the aquarium, we were meet by a very, very long line. It turns out it’s the most popular day of the year, and no one knows why. Well why Sam stood in line we went inside to order some lunch. It was delicious, expensive – but delicious. Then we headed for the aquarium, a lot of different fishes, turtles, snakes ? , otters ? , sharks and even 4 fully alive tigers ?! Well, it’s America everything can happen. But never in my life I would have imagined that 4 male tigers would live in a aquarium. 3 of them was brothers, and one “single”. They had a fine cage, with water around with fishes in of course.  And It looked fine, but why they would have them is still a question for me. Maybe the only alternative have been to put them down, but still, it’s weird.
We feeded the stingrays, touched them – a really cool experience.. so soft in at slimy way, even though they weren’t slimy. Jade got a little tiger painted on her cheek.

Cheddar/cranberry cheese on crackers are delicious. Never been in to the whole cheese thing, but it’s really delicious. As long as it’s mild it’s good. Veggie cheese and cheddar with or without cranberry, yum yum.
The milk here is SO not the same as back home in Denmark. It’s so pasteurized, it have this weird taste, it’s fine on my rolled oats, but to drink it’s hideous. Not gonna drink milk as I did in Denmark.

Sunday morning, I Skyped with Linea. Nice to actually talk to her. We almost talked for two hours, we have found out where we are going in July when she visits. Washington DC. The power of the States. I never imagined it would be that but, I’m so in on it. To see all the museums (probably not ALL) the monuments, pentagon, white house etc. this is where it all happens! So cool. Linea will have 5 days in Boulder with me, and then we are going to have 5 days in DC together before she head back home… it’s gonna be awesome! Look so much forward seeing her! Again it sucks big time that she’s not around, to by shoes, watch movies, talk several hours in a row, strolls in the city. IT SUCKS.
Well speaking of shoes, my long black, fake leather boots is literally dead, [see pictures!] the “leather” started to crwl up, break loose, which meant wet feed, then the sole is open, so all the ice and snow found a nice place to hide, way to cold, when you spend hours outside in the snow. So New black boots – WATERPROOF how been purchased. And since I was at the store I might as well look after running shoes. Space in one suitcase really is way too little! So my running shoes is back home in Denmark. So I now have purchased a pair of new ones. They are very light, and extremely shinny and colorful, no one will doubt that I’m around when wearing them. But as long as they work I’m happy.

One week left in the temp house. And then it’s moving to the new house 1 mile away, cross a bigger road. So it’s not to bad, and I’m not gonna move anymore, I can settle down, and find myself and get a normal routine without thinking, Oh I’m gonna move anyways. So look forward to that.




No comments:

Post a Comment