January 30, 2012

Week 2

Well another week is over. And it has been a good week. Starting to get “normal” – so that is nice.
Monday was a good day, Tuesday Jade started pre-school and she seemed to like it very much. Then we went over to the new house. Jade picked another room than last time they saw the house. I picked what they thought should be Erins office. So that was fun.
In the evening I got picked up by Stephanie a Danish au pair in the area. I hadn’t seen the town, so we drove through the hills (the place where all the students live) and then down to Pearl Street Mall, where we got dessert at the “Boulder Café” we talked for around an hour and she drove me back home. Very sweet girl, it was a bit weird to talk Danish, but still nice.
Wednesday I had a fantastic morning with Jade. She had a bath before she had to go to the doctor for a check out. So while they were at the doctor I had a little break where I went for a walk with Thira our dog. When they got back hell broke loose twice, but eventually I got her down to nap. Not the best way to do it, but I got her down. After her nap everything was fine we had fun playing.
Thursday was a normal day too where Jade again went to pre school. Friday day was normal and in the evening we got guests over. Jill and Jason along with their son Thomas. They are down here to see the city, since they are thinking about to move here. It was nice to have some company and it was a good dinner.
Saturday morning we got up early, sat in the car and drove down to Pueblo. Mimi needs some more help with the Chocolate which only is one week away. So we spend many hours down there and almost finished the job. So that was amazing to see. And again I feel fantastic to do such thing. In the evening we had Hamburgers and it tasted fantastic.
Sunday I woke up by myself, when I got up I found out that Denmark was playing the final in the European handball championship. I got SO exited and tripped around the floor, nervously. But we WON!! So I’m so proud to be a Dane. Then I finally reached Linea, so we skyped for 30-45 minutes. SO nice to finally talk to her. Though I think I talked the most. Her webcam didn’t work. So she have a job to get done before next time. Then we went to Pueblo Zoo, a nice little zoo. After that we went back home.
So a good week with more bonding and less screaming. But it’s all still very new to me. But I like it so far. Look forward finding a map and get a bike to get around. I start to feel home, and I think it gets much better when we get into the new house. So I can get more settled with my stuff. So, I managed to keep it short. Proud of my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment